- 战略规划 Design, Facilitation and Implementation
The most rewarding part of my work is when we can match the unique talents and energy of the next generation with a family enterprise need, 引发家庭凝聚力, 参与和乐趣.
- Walk the Talk: Building Next-Gen 沟通 Skills
- Aligning the Family Enterprise: Should We Meet In-Person or Virtually?
- The Dark Side of Being Too Generous to Family Employees
- Welcoming the Next Generation into the Family Enterprise
- Family Owner Development — The Foundation for Continuity
- 从家庭治理开始: Fundamentals of Family Councils, Charters and Policies
芭芭拉Dartt is a principal consultant for FBCG. She has more than 20 years’ experience helping individuals and family groups grapple with the joys and challenges that are a natural part of families owning and managing businesses together.
在FBCG, Barb帮助家庭团结起来, 预见和预防未来的挑战, and communicate effectively to grow their businesses. She does this work for the thrill of seeing the talents of individual family members get recognized and harnessed to contribute to the health of their families and businesses.
成长的过程中, Barb watched her grandfather and father provide educational extension services to family-owned farms. Her interest in serving farm families led her to study veterinary medicine, receiving her doctoral degree from Michigan State University in 1996.
In 1998, Barb earned a master’s degree in Agricultural Economics at MSU where she worked as a graduate research assistant, 之后担任农场经营管理专家. She continued her family legacy as a third-generation Extension agent working closely with family farms to improve their business practices, develop management skills and identify growth opportunities.
Drawing on her strengths as a financial and strategic advisor, Barb began supporting the unique needs of family business entrepreneurs as a senior business consultant for Salisbury Management Services (later named Lookout Ridge Consulting) in 2001. 后来，她成为GROW的创始合伙人, a family business advisory firm serving a wide range of sectors, from agriculture and manufacturing to professional services. She has also served as director and Board Chair of the Michigan FFA Foundation.
In 2014, Barb brought her extensive advising experience to FBCG to benefit family enterprises across industries. 据一位客户说, “没有倒钩的帮助, we wouldn’t have made the progress much needed on our decision making and family relationships.”
- Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising, October 8, 2014
- Certificate in Family Business Advising, October 30, 2008
- Master of Science, Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, Aug 1998
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, with honor, Michigan State University, May 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, cum laude, Michigan State University, May 1993
Barb住在东兰辛, Michigan area with her husband and three children where she enjoys cooking, reading and cheering on her favorite high school and college basketball teams.